Monday, March 14, 2011

week 9, day 4

My friend let me borrow her foam roller and wow, what a difference it made!  My knee pain was definitely not as prominent as it normally is during long runs.  I used the roller on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.  It really helped to loosen up my IT band.  Who would have thought something so simple could make such a difference?  I have got to invest in one! 
This was the first time I ran my long run early in the morning.  We planned to leave for Erin Express at 9:30am so I had to run at 6:50am.  It wasn't as bad as I thought, but for the first time during training I just did not feel like running.  It wasn't until about 6 miles that I started to feel good.   I finished the last 5 much more easily than the first 5.  It was nice to run a shorter distance of 11 miles.  It took me 1:43:51 (9:26 miles).  This week, not only do I have to prepare for 17 miles, but my weekly mileage increases as well!  Whoa!

203/463 miles complete! 

No comments:

Post a Comment