Tuesday, March 15, 2011

week 10, day 2

So this morning I woke up to pure darkness and the first thought that popped into my head was a negative one - "Ugh, I don't want to get up.  I don't want to run in the dark - this sucks!"  Then before I knew it I reminded myself to focus on keeping a Positive Mental Attitude (PMA)!  This is my new goal (as of yesterday - lol) - hmmm maybe I will give up negative attitudes for Lent.  Anyhow I hit the pavement at 5:35.  It was sooooooooo dark, but at least it didn't feel too cold.  I made sure I warmed up, stretched really well and took advantage of my last day with the foam roller (thanks so much, Stacy).  I did order one for myself, though.  It's arrival is set for next week - yaaaay!  Needless to say, my legs felt great right away - thank goodness!  I changed up my route a bit which felt nice as well.  Before too long Leaha and I realized we were running under the stars.  It was actually pretty cool - a nice and peaceful feeling!  The sun began to creep up around 6:40 and by 6:50 the horizon was a beautiful pink.  I kept a nice steady pace and finished 8 miles in 1:17:17 (9:39 miles). 

216/463 miles complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment