Wednesday, March 9, 2011

week 9, day 2

During this run my legs were definitely the most tired/tight/sore they've been lately.  Now that I'm getting into my longest distances on the weekends, I think I'm really starting to feel their effects during my weekly runs.  I'm sure since I ran yesterday when it was supposed to be a rest day had an impact as well (that's what happens when the weather doesn't cooperate).  I'm hoping having two days, Thursday and Friday, as rest days (normally I only have Friday) before my long run will help.  My friend recommended a foam roller.  She is bringing it to work tomorrow to let me try it out.  I can't wait!  The most noticeable part has been the tightness in my calves.  This isn't an area that usually bothers me.  At the beginning of my run, my knees were sore in places they normally aren't (inside area).  After about 2 miles they felt better - I think they needed more time to get warmed up.  I really need to be more proactive about warming up/stretching pre-run and stretching/icing post-run.  For some reason it doesn't dawn on me to ice until I'm ready for bed - not helpful.  Even though my legs were tired I still had the stamina to speed up the last 1.5 miles of my run.  This always makes me feel good.  At least I always end my runs on a positive note.  I ran 7 miles in 1:05:05 (9:17 miles).

188/463 miles complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment