Wednesday, March 30, 2011

week 12, day 2

Getting up today was a little easier - thank goodness!  I forced down some oatmeal.  Then I warmed up, stretched and foam rolled - all really well.  I rubbed some pain cream on my knees and shins again, too.  I also iced last night.  All of these seem to be helping (of course I'm sure the ice baths are having their effect too).  Leaha and I were excited to try the new route I thought of yesterday.  We ran Wickersham in reverse then we headed into town toward Waterway, down Waterway and turned around at 5th street.  It was such a nice change, but def felt really long.  I think I had imagined running through town to feel shorter.  Overall it was a good run.  It wasn't as cold or windy as yesterday morning, which was nice.  My knee pain remained absent until about mile 6 - which is great!  It came and went after that.  I felt great again for the entire run.  I really wanted to speed up, but I forced myself to maintain a steady pace.  However, it did seem like we were running faster than what we averaged.  We ran 8 miles in 1:20:02 (10:00 miles).

286/463 miles! (almost 300 miles - which makes me realize that I didn't even make a big deal about 200 miles, weird...)

No comments:

Post a Comment