Thursday, March 24, 2011

week 11, day 3

Today's run totaled 5 miles in 48:40 (9:44 miles).  I prayed that it wouldn't be raining this morning.  And it wasn't!  Woohoo!  It was misting a bit, but not bad to run in at all.  In fact I dressed so warmly that I grew hot and took off my gloves.  It got windy around mile 3.5.  Thankfully only my face was cold.  I felt great the entire run, which is funny because Leaha suggested we run our "Sacred Heart" route and I started whining (lol) saying that I didn't want to run that one because of the hills.  I wanted to run our flatter route - "5th Street" (she hates that one).  We ran her suggested route and it was def a good decision.  My knees didn't hurt, my breathing was easy and my legs weren't tight.  I needed that - I feel like my last few runs were a bit of a challenge.  I think the icing, advil and stretching is beginning to help.  I'll find out for sure on Saturday!  Until then I will be resting and carbloading - yum!  Pasta with a rose sauce and homemade meatballs is the plan for tomorrow night's dinner.  I can't wait!
 
255/463 miles complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment