Tuesday, March 22, 2011

week 11, day 2

So I have to admit, I can barely remember this morning's run.  It feels so long ago.  Leaha and I set out at 5:35 in the pitch black.  We were supposed to run at 5:30, but yet again I was running late.  I had to warm up, stretch, foam roll and eat though!  Poor Leaha...always waiting for me!  So obviously it was dark when we hit the pavement.  It wasn't as starry as usual because it was cloudy, but the temperature was rather mild.  That was nice!  The moon was really bright, too.  We could see so much better than usual.  Since I ran yesterday afternoon I was rather tight as soon as my run began.  My left knee bothered me right away.  However, I soon felt better.  Once again, I must not have been as warmed up as I thought I was.  I guess I need to get up a little earlier so I can spend more time doing so.  I did a good job at starting out slow and keeping a slow pace.  My goal was to do this until the last 3 or 4 miles.  At that point I was going to allow my self to speed up.  The first 3 miles (Wickersham) felt pretty good.  The first mile was the hardest, but by mile 2 I was feeling good.  Next we ran a 5 mile route.  By mile 5 I was feeling the urge to speed up.  So I did.  This actually felt great!  It was a bit windy at this point in our run, but thankfully I was a growing hot so it was refreshing.  By the last quarter mile I was ready to sprint - it felt great!  The run totaled 8 miles in 1:21:18 (10:09 miles).  However, by the time I stretched and made some coffee I could barely walk up/down the steps.  My quads were killing me!  I don't know what happened here.  The only thing I can think of is that I ran (5 miles) on my rest day yesterday afternoon only to wake up 12 hours later to run again (8 miles) - I'm gonna guess that's prob not enough rest from running 17 miles on Saturday.  My shin did feel a little better though.  I iced last night and used icy hot.  The icy hot kept waking me up throughout the night.  Every time it changed from icy to hot (and vice versa) seemed to bother me.  I guess I won't be doing that before bed anymore.  I also took some advil this morning too.  Let's hope these remedies work!  Looking forward to rest day tomorrow, but not running in the rain on Thursday morning!  I must do it though - PMA.  I refuse to run Friday before an 18 mile run on Saturday and I refuse to skip a run.  Here's to slish-sloshing!


250/463 miles complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment