Monday, March 14, 2011

half way finished!! week 10, day 1

 Well I am officially half way finished training.  I can't believe it!  It looks like this week is going to be another off week since they're calling for rain on Wednesday.  I decided to run today, Tuesday and Thursday.  I knew there was no way I could chance having to run on Friday since I have 17 miles to tackle on Saturday.
Today's run was rather difficult.  I didn't warm up or stretch enough pre-run and my legs immediately tightened up within the first half mile.  I pushed through and focused on lengthening my strides.  This seemed to help a bit, but before I knew it my left outer shin was really bothering me.  I still continued to run.  I focused on my music and the beautiful sunshine.  That really helped.  Before I knew it I only had one mile left.  I felt myself starting to speed up - I was ready to get home and relax.  I made sure to stretch (and take advantage of the fact that I forgot to give my friend's foam roller back to her) as soon as I got home - boy did that feel good!  I'm a bit worried about how my legs will feel for my 8 miler tomorrow morning in complete darkness!  Dumb daylight savings.  I'd so much rather wake up to sunshine!  Wish me luck!

Today's total = 5 miles in 44:55 (8:59 miles)

208/463 miles complete!

1 comment:

  1. holy moly! 17 miles! i can't wait to read and see how that run goes! wooo hooo!!

    ReplyDelete