Wednesday, March 2, 2011

week 8, day 2

Today's run went really well.  It was prob one of the warmest mornings to date.  My breathing was easy, my strides were even and I was a comfortable temperature for the entire run.  On Saturday I discovered that I could eat oatmeal right before running without cramping.  I was hungry today when I woke up so I decided I should try the oatmeal again.  I also had Gu Chomps again.  They def provided the energy I needed and made for a better run.
Leaha broke off from me around 5 miles.  She had mentioned she was making green eggs for her students to celebrate Dr. Seuss's birthday.  I remembered that last night Brent's dad dropped off 3 dozen eggs so I decided (right at that moment - 2 miles to go) that I should make green eggs for my students too.  Therefore, I began to really speed up my pace to get home so I would have time to make them (I'm so glad I did, b/c my students loved them!).  This really helped motivate me.  I ended up running 7 miles in 61:54 which is an 8:50 mile.  However, my ipod has not been too accurate lately (at least compared to walkjogrun.net).  My ipod said I ran 4.5 miles yesterday when walkjogrun.net said 4.  Today it said I ran 7.44 when walkjogrun.net said 7.   Then I ended running at an unbelievable pace...but could the clock on my ipod really be off?  I mean the clock keeps time no matter what the ipod is calibrated at, right?  I guess the only way to make sure is to run with a stop watch tomorrow.  Either way, I don't think it can be off by that much so I am pleased with my pace. :)

158/463 miles complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment