Tuesday, March 29, 2011

week 12, day 1

The alarm went off today and I did not want to get up!  It was soooo dark this morning.  I guess I had gotten used to the light from the full moon last week.  I put some pain cream on my knees and shin before my run.  Wow!  What a difference that made.  I didn't feel any pain in my knees at all today.  It was a great run.  I felt good the entire time and I even went out with my girlfriends last night!.  We had and wonderful dinner and great conversation.  As you can imagine, three hours and three glasses of wine later, I was a good 30 minutes passed my bedtime (and still had a 30 minute drive).  It was wonderful, but I didn't get to bed until 11:00.  I was home by 10:00, but for some reason I could not sleep.  I thought for sure this morning's run would be a bit challenging, but it wasn't in the least.  Leaha and I finished 5 miles in 48:50 (9:46 miles).  I think actually keeping Monday as my rest day this week made all the difference. 

278/463 (60%) miles complete!

2 comments:

  1. I had my best feeling "run" days during the times i went out and ruined my usual routine... my brother trained with me and he always said the same thing! running is all mental. :)

    ReplyDelete