Monday, March 7, 2011

week 8, day 4

Well Saturday's run went exceptionally well considering I ran by myself the entire time!  I hadn't run alone during training until then.  I ran my longest distance to date - 15 miles.  My legs were a bit tight in the beginning, but soon warmed up.  My knee pain held out until about 8 miles.  Thankfully the hills helped.  My camelbak began to really annoy me at one point.  It seemed to really be bouncing around.  However, I tried tightening it and that did the trick.  Running alone made me notice more about my body's pains and form.  When I run with someone I don't seem to notice these things as much.  While it was nice to be alone to think, enjoy my music and take in the scenery, I def was a bit mental at some points.  I even wanted to cry a few times - for different reasons (happy, sad and scared). 

I mentally broke up my run into three parts.  I ran 5 miles in town, 5 miles out to my parents and 5 miles back home.  The first half definitely seemed to take longer than the second half.  However, by mile 12 my knees were really bothering me.  It made me a bit worried for the marathon.  By the end of my run I did not feel like I would have been able to run 11 more miles.  I'm thinking I def need to ice more and take Advil before every run.  My dad suggested I use a cream like Bengay, too.  Hopefully these will help.  I have heard of taking ice baths, but I am afraid of them - lol.  All in all it was  good run - 15 miles in 2:27:13 (9:56 mile), but I'm looking forward to an easy 11 this Saturday!


 177/463 miles complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment