Saturday, April 9, 2011

week 13 ,day 4 (of rest/cross training)

So I went to PT yesterday and he was a bit puzzled.  He moved my foot and pushed on it in all different directions and nothing hurt me.  He had me toe rises to aggravate it then he squeezed around my tendon - that didn't feel too good.  He's not sold on the fact that it's tendonitis, which is a good thing, right?  But he def says there's inflammation.  He rolled a heated ultrasound on it for a while - that felt great.  Then he massaged it for about 10 or 15 minutes which felt fabulous!  I could have laid there all day!  He instructed me not to run this weekend - ugh!  Obviously I was not happy about that!  But, I listened and I didn't run.  I went all the elliptical yesterday for 30 minutes and today for an hour though.  He did encourage me to do that.  I see him again on Tuesday so we'll see what he says.  It seems to be getting better while walking on flat surfaces, but stairs are hit or miss.  Most times it bothers it, but sometimes not.  So for now I will be cross training on the elliptical, icing and doing some stretches that he showed me.  I'm really missing running, but I will admit that I actually enjoyed the elliptical yesterday and today.  I've been working on keeping in mind that this marathon is just one race.  If skipping this race ensures that I will continue to be able to run otherwise then it's worth it.  But that's not to say I won't try for it again.  My goal was to run one before I turned 30 so I still have time! 

304/436 miles complete! (yes, I only subtracted 12 - next weekend's distance, hoping to run 19 then)

No comments:

Post a Comment