Tuesday, April 12, 2011

week 14, day 1 (still cross training)

So I am definitely feeling much better.  I have been cross training on the elliptical every day since Saturday and plan to for the rest of this week.  I went to PT today and he was pleased with the exercises I could do.  He had me do an eccentric exercise that mimics a single heal drop using the leg press.  I had to push up onto my toes, let off my right toe and lower the weight slowly with my left toe (my injured achilles foot).  He told me to try 2 sets of 10 with 30 pounds and if that felt ok to do a 3rd set.  I was nervous that this was going to kill me, but it didn't hurt at all and I ended up doing 3 sets!  He also put me on electric stimulation which felt awesome.  Then, he told me the best news yet - I can try running this weekend!  Obviously I'm not going to get in the 19 miles that I had hoped for, but at least I'm making progress.  I'm going to head out without a distance in mind and if I feel any pain at all I'm going to call Brent - lol!  I'm not even going to try to walk home.  I am not risking another injury!  Here's to enjoying the elliptical (and free Y membership) for 3 more days!

304/431 miles complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment