Saturday, April 2, 2011

week 12, day 3

I find it pretty funny that I forgot to blog this run until now (2 days later).  I guess I have too much going on.  When I checked the hourly weather on Wednesday, I was expecting to wake up to rain on Thursday morning.  I got lucky and only woke up to misting.  The run started out well.  Soon enough my lower left leg started to bother me again.  However, it seemed to move to a different spot.  By the end of my run I was feeling some tightness around the bottom my leg - near my achilles.  I came home and iced right away.  My knees felt fine the whole time thanks to more pain cream.  The rest of the run was good.  We ran 5.1 miles in 50: 51 (9:58).  The misting water felt so weird on my face.  I didn't step in any puddles (poor Leaha did, though), but my feet got wet anyway.  When I got home my new white socks were now wet and gray.  This did not happen the last time I ran in this kind of weather.  I did wear different shoes though.  I have 13 miles to run today and I keep thinking "yaaay I only have 13 miles this week."  It's so funny how your mentality changes as you increase mileage.  That used to be the furthest I ever ran and now it feels like "only 13".  We'll see how that actually feels today!  Let's hope for no rain.  The hourly says rain at 11 but dry from 12-2, so I'm heading out at 12.

291/463 miles complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment