Tuesday, April 5, 2011

week 13, day 1 (of rest, that is)

Yes, you read correctly, that says rest - ugh!  I am taking this week off hoping that I will recover from what seems to be achilles tendonitis due to overuse.  As mentioned in my previous post, I woke up Sunday unable to walk without pain.  This seemed so odd to me.  I have never had any pain in my achilles area - so not cool!  Well I went to the doctor today and he prescribed rest and an awesome anti-inflammatory.  I have def come to terms with the fact that I will not be running for the rest of this week.  However, I am really struggling with the fact that if I am not feeling better on Friday, I should not run on Saturday.  This is going to really be a struggle!  I am supposed to run 19 miles and I will be a def headcase if I have to skip that run.  I am just going to stick with having a positive mental attitude (PMA) meanwhile I'll be praying for a speedy recovery.

304/458 miles complete

No comments:

Post a Comment