Wednesday, February 23, 2011

week 7, day 2

I had a good run today.  I had to bundle up again.  I am getting really sick of the cold.  I am so ready for Spring weather.  When I checked the weather last night it had said it would be 19 degrees but feel like 13 so I added an extra layer on top.  Thankfully I was warm and comfortable the whole time.   Except for my butt - it's always the coldest part of my body!  I find this weird because it seems to me like you use your butt just as much as your legs for running.  I don't get it.  By mile 5 the face mask started to bother me.  It had gotten so wet from my heavy breathing.  While I love that the face mask ensures I have warm air to breathe, it def makes it harder to breathe.  At least it wasn't wet and cold - it stayed warm as long as I was breathing under it.  I guess it just comes down to what I'd rather have a) warm air that is hard to breathe or b) cold air that is hard to breathe.  I think I'll take a.  So I ran 7 miles in 65 minutes.  I ran the first 5 miles at a nice steady pace (10:11 miles), but then I just wanted to get home so I sped up the last 2 miles.  When I got home Brent informed me that the feels like temperature (according to his iPhone) was 1 degree!  Yes, 1 degree.  How crazy!  I can't believe I ran in such bitter cold.  I never checked the weather again this morning before my run so I am taking his word for it.  Let's hope this is the coldest run I will have the rest of training!  Then I can say if I can run in what feels like 1 degree then I can run in virtually anything.  Come on warm weather!

129/463 miles complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment