Sunday, February 20, 2011

week 6, day 4

Technically this could be titled week 6, day 5 since I ran on Friday morning, but I was too lazy to post. LOL  Anyway, Friday was a nice easy run with Leaha.  We ran 3 miles in 28 minutes.  I can't wait to have warm weather like that all the time.  For now I'll just be grateful for snow/ice-free days.  At least 40 degrees feels pretty mild once I get warmed up.  I was supposed to run yesterday, but the wind was ridiculous.  The news said that at one point Kennett Square was experiencing 60mph winds.  Crazy!  Glad I decided not to run in that weather!  I ran today.  The weather was almost perfect.  It was in the mid forties and sunny.  Some spots were pretty windy though.  I ran 3 miles then stopped at Bekie's house to pick her up.  She joined me for the rest of the run (6 miles).  I started out feeling pretty winded so I was definitely looking forward to Bekie's company today (thank you, Bekie!!).  We took it easy.  I have been pleased with my ability to continue to slow my runs down.  The first couple miles I was averaging 10:30 miles.  By the end of the run I averaged 10:00 miles.  Overall it was a decent run.  This week my mileage increases to 4 on Tuesdays and Thursdays and 7 on Wednesdays.  We'll see how that feels.  Oh yeah, I did Cardio X and Ab Ripper X for cross training yesterday.  I was pretty sore when I woke up today (mainly my butt and upper abs).  After my run, I continued to grow increasingly sore.  I have to admit it actually felt good.  It's been really hard for me not to do any type of weight/resistance training.  Since the program I'm following doesn't recommend it, I'm afraid of over training.  After all, this is my first marathon.  I've decided that I'll incorporate weight training when (IF) I train for my second! :)

115/460 (+3 = 118/463)

No comments:

Post a Comment