Wednesday, February 16, 2011

week 6, day 2

Well since my gym closed randomly without warning yesterday, I was forced to run outside in the dark today.  Thank goodness Leaha was willing to run with me again.  It's scary running in the dark by yourself.  We were glad the sun started coming up 20 minutes into our run.  I just wish it would continue to come out that early, but we all know daylight savings time is going into effect soon.  I really wish we would stop changing our clocks - it's so annoying.  Anyway on to running...today's 6 mile run went well.  We had a nice, steady pace going and ended averaging a 9:57 per mile.  The dark and cold def added a new challenge, but watching the sun come up and feeling the temperature increase made it worth it.  Until I find another gym, I'll be running outside...here's hoping for no more snow and warmer weather!  On a more positive note, skipping the treadmill should help me to be better prepared for my marathon.

103/460 miles complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment