Tuesday, February 22, 2011

week 7, day 1

I can't believe I'm already one third of the way finished with training.  So begins week 7.  Today was the most interesting run to date.  It snowed about 4 inches last night, no one had shoveled their sidewalks and the roads were not much better.  The temperature was reading 21 degrees.  I don't think I've ever run when it was that cold.  Lucky for me, Leaha braved the conditions.  I have to give her a lot of credit here.  If I was not training for a race there is no way I would have run today.  I would have done a video in my nice, warm house (you know, since we don't have a gym anymore).  Thanks, Leaha!  Thankfully, I dressed warm enough and felt good the entire run.  I had on 2 pairs of socks, 2 pairs of pants, 3 shirts, 1 fleece, 1 pair of gloves, 1 face mask and 1 head band.  The face mask definitely helped!  We ran 4 miles today for a total of 41:18 (10:17 miles).  Most of the time we had to run in slush to avoid getting run over (since we couldn't run on the sidewalk).  There was so much of it, it felt like running in wet sand.  It was a bit more challenging, but a nice change of terrain.  It felt good on my knees.  Let's hope the snow is gone by tomorrow.  I have 7 miles to run.


122/463 miles complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment