Wednesday, January 26, 2011

freaking out

I did not get to blog about week 2, day 4 because I didn't get to complete my run.  I didn't even have the energy to get on my computer.  On Friday I suddenly got a fever (low grade) so I took 3 aspirin, sucked it up and finished teaching (we had a 2 hour delay).  I stayed on the couch and rested the remainder of Friday and slept 13 hours into Saturday.  My fever broke around 12:30 (not in time to make it to Dara's shower :( sorry, Dara!).  I kept feeling better and better as the day went on (I still stayed on the couch to rest).  However, I did not feel better enough to run the 9 miles that I had planned for Saturday.  I did decide it would be okay to head out to dinner for Leaha's birthday though (I just couldn't let her down again!).  Low and behold, at dinner, I began to sweat and feel yucky all over again, not fun!  I went to bed that night and woke up shivering and ridiculously congested on Sunday morning.  I took some motrin and tried to sleep the rest of the day.  I have never been in so much pain.  I was aching all over.  My fever reached 102.6 at one point.  On Saturday I was worried about missing my run, but then I thought "okay I can be flexible, I'll just run on Sunday".  Obviously I was not running on Sunday either.  I was very concerned about this, but still had hopes for Monday and just planned on missing my Tuesday run (3 miles).  I ended up calling out of work on Monday because I was just not getting better.  My fever finally broke around noon on Monday.  I still did not have the energy to run.  I continued to rest.  I took a half day on Tuesday just to be safe.  I knew I would have a long day since I was starting a night class that day.  I woke up Tuesday fever free.  However, a terrible cough and congestion replaced it.  UGH!  I just can't win.  Therefore, I skipped Tuesday's run.  Now it's Wednesday and I slept many many hours (thank God for a snow day).  Even though I still have a cough and some congestion I decided I would try to run at the gym on the tread mill - nope, closed!  So let's just hope that I feel totally better and ready to run tomorrow.  Otherwise I think I might have a nervous breakdown!  I can't believe I have missed 17 miles of training.  I'm trying really hard not to be psyched out.  Plenty of runners have reassured me that it is early enough in my training that I should be okay.  Dear God, please don't let me get sick anymore the rest of this evil winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment