Wednesday, February 9, 2011

week 5, day 2

Well good runs seem to be a trend.  I ran 6 miles today.  I set the treadmill to 6.6mph (9:05 pace) and was determined to keep a slow pace.  I felt so good it was hard not to increase my speed, but I did it.  Well for the most part.  I don't get it, why can't I just run at one pace and enjoy it.  I always have the urge to increase my speed on the treadmill.  When I run outside this doesn't happen.  It really baffles me.  For the first 5 miles I randomly increased my incline for 2-5 minute intervals instead of increasing my speed.  I figured this could make me a stronger runner.  I was dying to increase my speed.  I couldn't take it anymore, so I increased my speed to 7mph then to 8 then to 9.  I must have been tired because it was a little harder than I expected, but a challenge is what I wanted, right?  All in all it was a good run.  It took me 53:53 - an 8:51 mile pace.

79/460 miles complete

No comments:

Post a Comment