Saturday, February 5, 2011

week 4, day 4

So I made a decision.  I decided I should compromise.  I ran right after school so that I could have a later happy hour! :)  The run was awesome.  I was so nervous for it, but I ate plenty of carbs throughout the day to supply me the energy I needed.  I ran 3 miles really focusing on running at a slower pace.  I was averaging a 9:51 pace.  Then one of my awesome friends, Leaha met me and ran the next 5 miles with me.  This was so helpful!  It def made the run a lot easier.  When I parted with her I had 3 miles left.  These were the hardest part of the run because I was freezing - the sun had gone down and wow, what a difference that made!  Needless to say I def sped up this part of my run, but at least it was the end.  My lips were purple for a good hour afterward - not good!  I even took a hot shower, bundled up and sat in front of my space heater - lol.  I ended up running 11 miles averaging a 9:47 pace.  I think that's a good start for a slower training pace.  I still can't believe I was able to run 11 miles on a Friday after work!  It also dawned on me that I have never run 11 miles unless it was during a half marathon.  Anytime I trained for a half marathon the most mileage I put in was 10 miles.  This run was more of a milestone than I realized - toot toot beep beep (yes, I'm tooting my own horn!).  I rewarded myself with a bbq chicken dominoes pizza, a bottle of sparkling white wine, and Jersey Shore on dvr with Leaha of course!  Good times.

70/460 miles complete!

1 comment: