Sunday, May 22, 2011

built to run

So I went to the foot and ankle doctor yesterday morning.  There is def something wrong with my ankle, but he was not extremely concerned.  Right now it's more of an annoyance than anything else.  I forget exactly what he called it, but he compared it scar tissue build up in my ankle.  He told me to go ahead and continue running and if it gets too painful then he will give me a shot of steroids.  If that lasts two months then I'm good to go.  If it doesn't he told me to continue training with the marathon, but he would like to do surgery next summer to remove it.  As for the achilles.  The first thing he said when he was looking at my feet is that I'm definitely built to be a runner.  I so needed to hear that!  He felt my achilles and looked at it compared to the other foot.  He said everything looks and feels good.  Since I still feel tightness around 3 or 4 miles he wants me to gradually increase my mileage in .5 mile increments and keep with my strengthening/stretching techniques I learned at pt.  He thinks it will definitely get better.  Yaaay I'm so excited to know that I'm ready to run again safely! 

No comments:

Post a Comment