Tuesday, May 3, 2011

bouncing back

So it seems as though I am going to be able to run on a regular basis again.  I ran 1 mile for the first time last Wednesday and again on Friday.  So I decided to try 3 miles this past Saturday and again yesterday (Monday).  On Saturday I had to stop after 24 minutes because I could feel some irritation in my achilles.  I walked for 4 minutes and was able to run the last 2 minutes home.  I def can feel it more when going up hill.  However, when I ran yesterday I didn't have any pain.  It definitely felt tired by the end of the run.  I was sure to ice and elevate immediately after each run, which seemed to help.  I plan to ease back into running very slowly.  I have begun to vary my workouts in hopes of preventing another injury in the future.  I joined the y so I started taking group power (full body weight lifting class) again and Zumba for fun.  I tried power yoga today for the first time.  I loved it.  It was so relaxing and has exactly the opposite effects on your body that running does.  Here's hoping for the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment