Tuesday, July 26, 2011

pay it forward

So I got cash back at the self check out at Redner's today around 4:15 and at 7:15 it dawned on me that I never picked it up.  I go there (praying the whole way there) and asked the lady at self check out if anyone turned it in - nope.  She told me to check with customer service.  I knew it was doubtful, but on my way I decided to look in the machine that I had checked out at just in case it was still there.  Low and behold there it was sitting in the machine!  There was a guy there checking out so I asked him if it was his - it wasn't!  Wow - I will definitely pay that one forward!!!

As for running, my foot and ankle doc recommended I take another 2 weeks off which leaves me waiting until next Wednesday.  However, he felt as though custom orthotics were unnecessary at this point.  He thinks there's a good possibility I could have a hernia in my lower leg, but also agrees with my family doc that the pain I'm experiencing could simply be from the stress on my shin.  Therefore, he recommended I get over the counter orthotics.  Thank goodness, because they are only $40 at shoe stores compared to $300 or more for custom.  Instead of going to the New Balance store to by them, I actually ended up getting them on Amazon along with a book that Oxford's cross country coach recommended (The Lore of Running) for a total of $40.  They should be here this weekend.  Then I'll have 4 days to break them in with walking.  I'm going to slowly ease back into running - 10 mins at a time and build up to a comfortable 30.  I hope they make a big difference! 

No comments:

Post a Comment