Tuesday, June 7, 2011

first place and a grill

This past Saturday was such a great one!  Leaha and I decided last minute to run Eli's Run - this was it's first annual race.  Oxford's seniors have to do a senior project.  One of the seniors chose this as hers and it is dedicated to a little boy who passed away from Leukemia.  Since it was a 5K we decided it would be a good idea to run a few miles before the race.  So we get there and discover that it is actually Oxford's Cross Country route.  We also quickly discovered that we hate running in the grass!  Ugh, it was unbelievable how much harder it was.  When I crossed the finish line I was handed an index card with the number four.  I wasn't quite sure what it was - it crossed my mind that it could be the place I finished in, but since my injury I haven't been able to run quite as fast so no way could I have come in 4th!  After more and more people finished we decided that it was indeed the place you came in - I couldn't believe it, ha!  It was so hot (the race didn't start until 9:45 - I hope they change that for next year), but we decided to stick around for awards.  The next thing you knew they called Leaha's name for first place in her age bracket.  Then they called my age bracket next and I came in first place as well!!  We couldn't believe it.  The idea of placing at all never crossed my mind - let alone first place!
After our run we decided to do some damage at the outlets.  We had a great time and the weather was beautiful for walking around shopping.  On the way home I decided we should grill out.  The only problem was Brent and I still had to put the grill together.  When I got home I informed him of my idea and the fact that I had already invited Leaha, some other friends and my parents.  We quickly got to work on the grill and finished assembling it in about an hour and half...without a fight!  That's two projects we did well together!  I think we're making progress here - lol.  Anyhow we had a fabulous night grilling.  The food was great, the weather was beautiful and the company was wonderful!  We couldn't wait to do it again so we had his parents over on Sunday and I cooked dinner for the two of us on the grill tonight too:

Hahaha, can you say dork?!?  Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment