Sunday, November 20, 2011

10 miles!!

Can you believe it??  Yaaay!  I finally feel like myself again!  I have been running 20 miles a week for almost a month and a half now.  I had read in one of my Runner's World magazine's that to determine whether or not you are ready for your first marathon you should be able to run 20 miles a week for 2 months, so that's what I've been working on.  Anytime I've reached a new distance goal, I have been scaling back on my long runs for two weeks.  Although, to keep with the 20 mile per week goal I then have to lengthen my weekly runs.  This seems to really be working for me.  This is the best I've felt post injury.  I am so thankful!  I am still shocked that I was able to tackle 10 miles without any pain - as an added plus I was never sore afterward either!  My doctor still wants me to rule out compartment syndrome so I am going to a sports medicine doc for a consultation on Nov. 22nd.  My hope is that he'll say it's unnecessary.  I heard the testing is pretty intense and I'm such a wuss!  Hopefully I'll be posting more about my first encounter with a marathon.  You do realized that what was supposed to be a 4 month blog has now turned into a 9 month blog (to date).  Hopefully it will turn into a 16 month blog (that will mean I actually accomplished a marathon)!

No comments:

Post a Comment